(RightIsRight.co) – While attending the funeral of one of the victims slain at a mass shooting at a grocery store in Buffalo, New York, Vice President Kamala Harris said that the United States of America is in the midst of an “epidemic of hate” and demanded that “assault weapons” be banned.
Harris addressed reporters after speaking at the funeral for Ruth Whitfield, the oldest person killed during the grocery store massacre. Harris used her remarks with the press to demand that lawmakers in Congress pass an assault weapons ban.
Her statements included:
- “Everybody’s got to stand up and agree that this should not be happening in our country.”
- “We are not sitting around, waiting to figure out what the solution looks like. We know what works on this. It includes – let’s have an assault weapons ban.”
- “An assault weapon is a weapon of war with no place in a civil society.”
- “Why should anyone be able to buy a weapon that can kill other human beings without at least knowing, ‘Hey, has that person committed a violent crime before? Are they are a threat against themselves or others?'”
- “Congress needs to act, and what I know is that we also have to come together, as one nation, undivided, standing with each other.”
On Sunday, President Joe Biden and First Lady Jill Biden will be in Uvalde, Texas, to speak with the loved ones of the 19 children and two adults slain at Robb Elementary School this week. It is unclear if Biden will use his time in Texas to call for an assault weapons ban.
What is your opinion of Kamala Harris’s call for a ban on “assault weapons”? Can “assault weapons” even be defined? What would make one gun an assault weapon and another not an assault weapon? Please email [email protected] and share your thoughts and views. We read all emails and respect all respectfully provided opinions. Thank you, and have a good weekend.